WELCOME!

This blog is dedicated to my friend, my mentor, and the best teacher I have ever had. Without him, I would not have embarked on this amazing journey. Split, this blog is for you!
Ponderosa Misty Icon, aka "Split," is a handsome gray Welsh pony who came to me via a phone call "out of the blue" (actually Peterborough, Ontario). Our first few months together were rocky to say the least, which made me question my ability as a horse owner, as a horsewoman, and as a rider. Forty years of horse ownership had not prepared me for this little gray pony!
But we muddled through and because of Split, I have begun a journey that is both spiritual and enlightening. I hope something here resonates with you and that you'll check back now and then.
We leave you with one of our favorite quotes: "The best whisper is a click!"

Monday, January 10, 2011

A New Year!

Yep, here it is, another new year. My grandmother always told me that the older she got, the faster time went by. I used to laugh at her but it's not so funny now!
I don't make New Year's resolutions. What's the point? You know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and men, right? I do like to reflect on the previous year a little, in hopes that I will find some nuggets of wisdom; discover that I've learned something new; smile when I remember all my friends, old and new. Those things seem list worthy to me so I'm going to share my "Things I Learned And Value From 2010 List":

*Patience really IS a virtue!
*Observe without judgement. (Thank you, Mary Arena!)
*Energy is palpable.
*I have a really great husband!
*I have 3 wonderful daughters...........well, most of the time they're wonderful!
*Discovering one's personal spirituality is an on-going process and a helluva journey!
*I want to know what's in Mary's caves..........
*Animals talk to me.
*Walking is the most highly under-rated exercise there is!
*My animals all chose me.
*Some of my greatest and wisest teachers have 4 legs!
*Even after 25 years, it's still possible to miss someone that you love.
*Death can come swiftly or glide in gently........
*Friends are truly treasures!
*Welsh ponies, mini donkeys and beagles make great friends!

What's on your list?

"The horse will teach you if you listen!"
Ray Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment