WELCOME!

This blog is dedicated to my friend, my mentor, and the best teacher I have ever had. Without him, I would not have embarked on this amazing journey. Split, this blog is for you!
Ponderosa Misty Icon, aka "Split," is a handsome gray Welsh pony who came to me via a phone call "out of the blue" (actually Peterborough, Ontario). Our first few months together were rocky to say the least, which made me question my ability as a horse owner, as a horsewoman, and as a rider. Forty years of horse ownership had not prepared me for this little gray pony!
But we muddled through and because of Split, I have begun a journey that is both spiritual and enlightening. I hope something here resonates with you and that you'll check back now and then.
We leave you with one of our favorite quotes: "The best whisper is a click!"

Friday, January 21, 2011

Birds Or Meteorolgists?

My husband is obsessed with the weather forecasts. I think it's because he grew up on a farm and of course, in order to be successful, farmers have to know about the weather! My grandfather could step outside, smell the air, and tell you what sort of weather to predict! (Yes, he was a farmer!) When I was little, I used to laugh at him but as I got older, I realized that I've inherited that "talent!" I can smell snow and rain before it gets here. Strange, huh?
Grandpa was also the first animal communicator I knew but of course he didn't think of himself that way......and neither did I. I was always in awe of how he seemed to know what an animal was thinking or what it was going to do before it did it. Reflection in my old age has made me realize that he had "the gift" and to him, it was as natural as breathing. He could tell me what the birds were saying, what the dog was thinking, why the fish were biting, why the wind was blowing the way it was. His last name was MacLellan and I believe he had the Irish ability to see "behind the veil." Many of his weather predictions were based on the behavior of the wild animals around his home and it appears that I've absorbed some of that knowledge. I confess here in public that I am able to communicate with animals and I'm sure that was inherited from my grandfather as well! Others in my family have the ability but I think they've suppressed it or don't like to talk about it. But I digress.......
Here in the "Great Northeast," we've been inundated with snow this season! My husband eagerly awaits each weather forecast like kids wait for Christmas. He will run from TV to computer, switching channels and perusing weather maps and doppler radar reports and going to highway TV cams, etc. Recently I've been telling him when the weather forecasters are wrong and at first he would say, "But it's on the doppler radar......I can see the map....the forecasters say....." And I would counter simply with, "Yeah? Well the birds and the squirrels are telling me differently and I'm telling you, you'd better make sure the plow is working because this is NOT going to be a little storm! It's gonna be a whopper!" Was I right? Oh, yeah! Well, I wasn't right.....the animals were! When the birds swarm the feeders and chatter excitedly, when the squirrels are out in full force............you know they're gearing up for a storm!
John still listens to the TV forecasters and checks all his computer weather sites but ultimately, he will ask, "So, what are the birds telling you?" Aha! Progress! John is a scientist of the first magnitude and tends to "poo-poo" animal communication but lately he's shown some chinks in the armor.....I think he may be starting to believe!!
Weather forecasting.......it's definitely for the birds!
I found this little quote. Hope you enjoy it! Have a great weekend!
Be grateful for luck. Pay the thunder no mind - listen to the birds. And don't hate nobody.
Eubie Blake


No comments:

Post a Comment