WELCOME!

This blog is dedicated to my friend, my mentor, and the best teacher I have ever had. Without him, I would not have embarked on this amazing journey. Split, this blog is for you!
Ponderosa Misty Icon, aka "Split," is a handsome gray Welsh pony who came to me via a phone call "out of the blue" (actually Peterborough, Ontario). Our first few months together were rocky to say the least, which made me question my ability as a horse owner, as a horsewoman, and as a rider. Forty years of horse ownership had not prepared me for this little gray pony!
But we muddled through and because of Split, I have begun a journey that is both spiritual and enlightening. I hope something here resonates with you and that you'll check back now and then.
We leave you with one of our favorite quotes: "The best whisper is a click!"

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Dog Sledding

Yesterday I went dog sledding. Not the kind with the huskies and a big sled and me yelling, "Mush!" I've never done that. No, this dog sledding involved a beagle, a plastic sled, and the hill in my back meadow. Yesterday was such a gorgeous day that I couldn't waste it so I grabbed Jelly, found an old plastic sled in the garage, and off we went. Poor Jelly! She wasn't quite sure what was going on when I plunked her down on the sled, sat down behind her, and quickly shoved off. But she's a brave girl and we flew down that hill, me laughing and screeching, "Lean, Jelly, lean!" and Jelly with her ears flapping in the wind and snow blowing up into her face! What a rush! When we reached the bottom and came to a stop, Jelly leaped out of the sled and proceeded to run thru the snow (bulldoze is more like it - about all you could see of her was her little brown head!) and she actually pulled the sled with me in it about 4' before we sunk to a stop. I was laughing and Jelly was "swimming" thru the snow, the sun was shining, and Split was whinnying to us as we sped down the hill. We were snow-covered and cold and it was just like being a kid again! Great fun!!!
In fact, I'd have to go so far as to say it was a perfect afternoon!
Later on, I introduced Lucy the minipin to Split and Jingle but that's a blog for another time!
Stay warm, everyone! And if you get the chance.......go sledding! Be a kid again!
~ Oh! the snow, the beautiful snow, Filling the sky and earth below, Over the housetops, over the street, Over the heads of the people you meet. Dancing, Flirting, Skimming along. ~ J.Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment