WELCOME!

This blog is dedicated to my friend, my mentor, and the best teacher I have ever had. Without him, I would not have embarked on this amazing journey. Split, this blog is for you!
Ponderosa Misty Icon, aka "Split," is a handsome gray Welsh pony who came to me via a phone call "out of the blue" (actually Peterborough, Ontario). Our first few months together were rocky to say the least, which made me question my ability as a horse owner, as a horsewoman, and as a rider. Forty years of horse ownership had not prepared me for this little gray pony!
But we muddled through and because of Split, I have begun a journey that is both spiritual and enlightening. I hope something here resonates with you and that you'll check back now and then.
We leave you with one of our favorite quotes: "The best whisper is a click!"

Friday, December 17, 2010

We Are Honored!!!!

You can take away my dishwasher. You can even have my microwave. But DON'T MESS WITH MY COMPUTER! We all grump about how technology has taken over our lives but my computer has proven to be my window on the world. I regularly correspond with women from all over the U.S. and from Norway, Canada, Tasmania, Austraila.....My daughter is living in Spain until June yet we talk every day via Skype - we can even SEE each other!
Just the other day I was reading the posts on one of the clicker training lists and noticed that one writer's internet provider was "sovernet." Because that's also my parents' provider, I emailed and asked if she lived in southern Vermont. Turns out she's in northern Maine but not only had she lived in my home town, Brattleboro, Vermont, for several years, she also had lived outside of Windsor, Vermont (as had I) and had belonged to the Hartland Riding Club (as had I) and we know many of the same people! But the circle becomes smaller.....she also is friends with many of the clicker trainers I am also friends with here in New York! Gotta love the internet.
Well, one thing led to another and Lyndsey discovered that I have a mini donkey...which led her to ask if I'd heard of Ann Firestone's long ear rescue in New Hampshire. Yes, I have! (I purchased some donkey mittens from Ann for my daughter last Christmas!) Another friend sent Lyndsey some pictures of me doing clicker work with my pony and donkey (we'd done a little "introduction to clicker work" day here at my place) and the next thing I know, Lyndsey asked if she could use the photos on Ann's web page!! Wow!! I am truly honored! And am very proud of little Jingle - she's come a long way since landing here Christmas Eve 4 years ago, deathly afraid of "those 2-leggeds," and having no training whatsoever! Go, Jingle! Here's the link to Ann's web page:
http://www.saveyourassrescue.org/
Be sure to check us out and, if you are so moved......maybe make a contribution to Ann's most worthy cause!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS..............er, maybe I should say "HAPPY HOLIBRAYS!"
Karleen, Split and Jingle

No comments:

Post a Comment