WELCOME!

This blog is dedicated to my friend, my mentor, and the best teacher I have ever had. Without him, I would not have embarked on this amazing journey. Split, this blog is for you!
Ponderosa Misty Icon, aka "Split," is a handsome gray Welsh pony who came to me via a phone call "out of the blue" (actually Peterborough, Ontario). Our first few months together were rocky to say the least, which made me question my ability as a horse owner, as a horsewoman, and as a rider. Forty years of horse ownership had not prepared me for this little gray pony!
But we muddled through and because of Split, I have begun a journey that is both spiritual and enlightening. I hope something here resonates with you and that you'll check back now and then.
We leave you with one of our favorite quotes: "The best whisper is a click!"

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Beads On My Necklace

I made the comment recently (to a friend? posted on a list? I can't remember.....) that I'm amazed at how the Universe keeps stringing us all together. And then I thought, in my humble mind, "Hey, that's a pretty good analogy!"
"The Universe strings us together" like beads on a necklace; all connected yet all separate. All complementing each other in some way. All held together by a common clasp.
When my old yellow lab was diagnosed with cancer, Paula S. from the Animal Communication group sent me a gorgeous healing chakra collar for her and I got a bracelet to match. It was to ensure that our energies remained intertwined. Both pieces of jewelry are breath-taking! Every stone has a different meaning and purpose and all look different, but string them together and you have a never-ending ring of beauty! When Sassy died, I couldn't bear to bury the collar with her so I removed it and placed it around the neck of my St. Francis statue and dedicated it to the higher good of all animals. I still wear the bracelet (I have it on today!) so that I am forever linked to my beloved old lab!
Then I asked Paula to make me a necklace of my own and she asked me what I would like from the necklace. I told her I want to be calm; I want to remain centered and in touch with the world around me; I want to stay open to the spiritual; I want joy and happiness. It took several months but when my necklace arrived, I was again speechless at the sheer beauty of it! My pendant is eye of the tiger, chosen just for me by a spirit dog....I wear this necklace all the time. Just looking at it brings me serenity and a sense of joy.
And that's what all the people in my life are..........beads on a necklace. The Universe strings us together, and together we support each other, complement each other, bring out the beauty in each other.............
Thank you, Beads! I think we are a beautiful creation and I wear each and every one of you proudly on my "necklace!"

Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one! C.S. Lewis

1 comment: