WELCOME!

This blog is dedicated to my friend, my mentor, and the best teacher I have ever had. Without him, I would not have embarked on this amazing journey. Split, this blog is for you!
Ponderosa Misty Icon, aka "Split," is a handsome gray Welsh pony who came to me via a phone call "out of the blue" (actually Peterborough, Ontario). Our first few months together were rocky to say the least, which made me question my ability as a horse owner, as a horsewoman, and as a rider. Forty years of horse ownership had not prepared me for this little gray pony!
But we muddled through and because of Split, I have begun a journey that is both spiritual and enlightening. I hope something here resonates with you and that you'll check back now and then.
We leave you with one of our favorite quotes: "The best whisper is a click!"

Monday, September 6, 2010

About Nothing

Is anybody reading this a Seinfeld fan?? Is anybody reading this.......period??? ha ha ha Anyway, if you watch Seinfeld then you know that George's concept for a TV show was "a show about nothing." I feel like this is what my writing is about today. Nothing. I'm waiting for Katie to get out of bed so that we can head to the Chatham Fair Horse Show which is our annual Labor Day tradition. We watch the show and then later in the afternoon head into the Fair itself so that we can watch the weird people, visit the livestock barns, and Katie can eat her Bloomin' Onion.
On the way home we stop at Golden Orchards for apples, half a dozen cider donuts, and a caramel walnut apple pie. I look forward to this every year.
The horse show is great fun! All the riders are locals who return year after year and it's all very laid-back and geared toward the kids. There are classes for adults and they're all filled, too! I love trying to second-guess the judge and I actually have a pretty good track record in that respect. Now, put me at the National Show and I wouldn't even know where to begin but here in Chatham, NY, I have a pretty good chance of picking the top 3. LOL!
I've stopped doing horse shows. At my age, they're just too danged much work.
I used to love it, tho! It was such fun getting ready - bathing the horses; cleaning the tack; making sure all my clothes were clean, polished, wrinkle-free; arriving at the barn in the wee hours of the morning to feed early and then load up and hit the road...............Ah, those were the good old days! And all for a bunch of ribbons which, back then, probably cost all of 69 cents each! LOL But it was fun! Now......I'd rather spend the day doing other things with my pony and donkey. We don't win any ribbons, none of us are polished or groomed to perfection, my tack consists of a rope halter and a lead rope..........
"And the winner is............" ME!!!! :0)
Happy Labor Day, everyone!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment